Your Salisbury operations questions answered
Salisbury residents area posing great questions to staff regarding city operations during the impending weather event. Below are some answers to the most asked questions:
- If limbs are involved in power lines the City of Salisbury cannot touch them, please call 1-800-POWERON to report limbs in power lines.
- Do not put debris on top of the storm drains, in ditches or curb and gutter.
- The removal of downed trees will start with emergency and primary routes, then secondary routes.
- The mulch site at 1915 Grubb Ferry Rd. will be closed Friday, Sept. 14th. It will reopen on Friday, Sept. 21, if weather permits.
- Trash collection will take place as usual as long as weather permits. If collection is postponed or delayed notifications will be posted on Nixle and Nextdoor. Please remember to pull your trash rollout and your recycling rollout back to your house as soon as possible to prevent them from blowing around in the street.
- For up-to-date information on the storm in the City of Salisbury via text message, please sign up for Nixle notification alerts on nixle.com or text the word SALISBURY to 888777, or follow the City of Salisbury on Twitter at @CitySalisburyNC, and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CitySalisburyNC. Use the hashtag #Florence RoCo.
- The American flags at City owned facilities will be removed to prevent damage to them and will be put back up once the storm subsides.