Skip to main content
Minority woman in business suit, with blurred images of other people and minorities in business wear standing in background

Minorities and Women in Business

Discover what options Salisbury provides to assist minority- and women-owned business enterprises in providing goods and services to the city

Learn More

Business with the City

City Contracts and Bids

There are many contract opportunities with the City of Salisbury. You can set up bid notifications, view bid opportunities and results, and register as a vendor.

Learn More

Taxes and Fees

Learn more about obtaining sales tax permits and paying your sales and use taxes for your business.

Learn More

Advertising Opportunities

There are varied ways for you to get the word out in Salisbury through City channels, from ads on our Transit buses to ad insertion on our Fibrant video service.

Learn More

Public Surplus

Currently the City of Salisbury uses two online auction sites: GovDeals and eBay. During the year items are placed on these sites that are available for auction. Auctions items vary from office furniture to unclaimed vehicles to technology products.

Gov Deals Ebay

Development and Planning


Do you need a permit? By law, permits are required for special events, taxi drivers/businesses and building/development projects when occurring within the City of Salisbury limits. 

Get Started

Grants and Incentives

The City of Salisbury has several available grants and four opportunity zones to stimulate growth and investment.

Learn More

Codes and Development

Find requirements for city infrastructure, community plans and municipal codes that pertain to your project, as well as information for your residential or business development.

Learn More

Land Development Ordinance

This Ordinance seeks to implement the policy recommendations of the Forward 2040 Comprehensive Plan. This document establishes the collective vision of how the citizens of Salisbury would like to have their city look and function by the year 2040.

Review Ordinance

How do I ...

Apply for grant money? 

Certain residential and commercial properties are eligible for assistance through a variety of programs and resources available through the City and our partners. Please visit our grant applications page to learn more.

Register a business? 

To register a business, submit a Certificate of Registration (COR) application to the Development Services. Development Services is located on the first floor of the City Office Building at 132 North Main Street, Salisbury, NC 28144. Or, please contact Development staff directly by calling (704) 638-5208 or by emailing

Apply for a permit?

Many construction and home improvement projects require city and county permits before work may begin. To learn more information about zoning, building, and sign permits, please visit our permits page.

Find out if my property is in a Local Historic District?

You can visit our Historic Preservation page to review maps of Salisbury’s historic districts. If you own property within a local historic district, a Certificate of Appropriateness (COA) may be required from Development staff or the Historic Preservation Commission before making any minor alterations or major changes to the exterior of the structure or to the landscape.

Get permission to alter my historic property?

If you own property in one of Salisbury’s five Local Historic Districts, you may be required to obtain approval for a Certificate of Appropriateness (COA) from Development staff or the Historic Preservation Commission before making any minor alterations or major changes to the exterior of the structure or to the landscape.

Checkout the City's building and construction ordinances?

Before starting construction in the City of Salisbury, check out the Land Development Ordinance to see what policies might apply to your project.

Check my setback requirements?

Setback requirements can be reviewed in Chapter 5.16 of the Land Development Ordinance.

Access the City Zoning Map?

The City of Salisbury's zoning map is provided by the GIS division of Engineering department.

Learn more about the Plan Review process?

The following items must be submitted for a Plan Review:

Contact Code Enforcement?

If you would like to contact Code Enforcement staff directly, please call (704) 216-7559 or email

Learn more about water and sewer information?

If you would like to inquire about the cost or availability of water and sewer services, or need to get a lateral transfer, please contact Land and Development Services staff directly by calling (704) 638-5208 or by emailing

Back To Top