Welcome to Salisbury!
Thinking of starting your new business in Salisbury? Use our New Business Checklist so that you can hit the ground running:
Download Checklist (PDF)
Starting New or Expanding A Business
- Is the use permitted in the zoning area?
- Are there any restrictions on the location?
- Is the location in a designated floodplain?
- What are the parking requirements?
- What sign types/sizes can be installed?
Building Code Considerations
- Is the business permitted in the building?
- Are modifications or renovations required?
- Does the building meet fire codes?
- What are the occupancy requirements?
- Is a seating layout and occupant load required?
- Do I need to construct a new building?
- Does the building/property meet ADA accessibility requirements?
- Will the project require professionally designed plans?
Located In A Historic District
- Certificate of Appropriateness required for all site and/or exterior building activity.
Home Business or Employer Provided Form 1099
- A home occupation permit is required.