During Spruce Up Weeks, City of Salisbury residents can place items at the curb on their regular collection day before 7:00 a.m.
The City of Salisbury Public Works Department will pick up your old appliances, tires without rims (up to 5) and extra bagged trash. This is a great time to encourage a neighborhood cleanup!
This collection is for residents living inside the city limits of Salisbury only. NO BUSINESSES.
- Extra bags, boxes, and bins of household items, trash, clothes, etc.
- Furniture (couches, love seats, dressers, recliners, chairs, tables, regular furniture)
- Mattresses and Box Springs – all sizes
- Old appliances
- Miscellaneous items such as treadmills, exercise equipment, bicycles, vacuums, lamps, artificial Christmas trees
- Lawn mowers are accepted - must be drained of all fuel
- Grills are accepted - must have gas tanks removed
- Tires without rims (limit 5 tires or less per location)
- We are unable to collect any type of building materials (paint, lumber, sheet rock, carpet, padding, large area rugs, shingles, toilets, sinks, windows, doors). Contact Rowan County Landfill at (704) 278-2211.
- We are unable to collect TVs, computers, or electronics or hazardous items - Contact Rowan County Recycling Center at (704) 216-85891 (CALL FIRST about hazardous items, paints, oils, gas, liquids of any kind).
- We are unable to collect pianos or hospital beds