Skip to main content

Federal Emergency Management Agency

Notice of Availability of the Draft Environmental Assessment
For the Water Supply Resiliency Project for SRU Pump Station Along Yadkin River in Salisbury, North Carolina

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) hereby gives notice to the public of its intent to assist in the funding of a project located in the City of Salisbury, Rowan County, North Carolina. This notice applies to the Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC) grant program application for constructing a water intake structure along the Yadkin River. BRIC grant program is authorized under Section 203 of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (Stafford Act).

River Pump Station Webpage
One Stop Shop Logo

What is Development Services?

The Development Services Division (One Stop) provides citizens, builders, and developers a centralized source of information and permitting through planning, zoning, review, and business registration. The Division issues permits for NEW water/sewer taps for Salisbury, as well as Spencer, East Spencer, China Grove, Rockwell, Granite Quarry, and portions of Rowan County.

Please note that the City's special event permitting process has been shifted to the Salisbury Fire Department.

Read More Special Event Permit Form

Contact Us

Development Services:


132 N. Main St.
Salisbury, NC 28144

Office Hours:

8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday

Phone: (704) 638-5208


This Land Development Ordinance (LDO) seeks to implement the policy recommendations of the Forward 2040 Comprehensive Plan as adopted by the Salisbury City Council on March 20, 2001. 

This document establishes the collective vision of how the citizens of Salisbury would like to have their city look and function by the year 2020.

LDO Documents (PDF)

LDO Online (Searchable)

Municipal Code

The Municipal Code constitutes a complete recodification of the general and permanent ordinances of the City of Salisbury, North Carolina.

This online document has chapters that have been conveniently arranged in alphabetical order and the various sections within each chapter have been catchlined to facilitate usage.

A table listing the state law citations and setting forth their location within the Code is included at the back of the Code.

Visit Municipal Code

Construction Standards Manual

The Construction Standards Manual generally refers to work located in the street right-of-way, utility easements and/or storm drainage easements.

Visit Construction Standards Manual


Permits are often required for new buildings, additions, residential work, renovations, electrical systems, plumbing systems and HVAC.

Find a Permit


An interactive map for Salisbury, NC zoning information. Search for zoning and parcel information

Open Map


What other services does the City provide? We have a map for that - visit our GIS Maps page.

Visit GIS Maps


Does the City provide water/sewer to me? Find out by checking a property address in this map.

Open Map


Development Services issues permits for NEW water/sewer taps for Salisbury, as well as Spencer, East Spencer, China Grove, Rockwell, Granite Quarry, and portions of Rowan County. Please call One-Stop (704) 638-5208 for fees and information.

Call (704) 638-5208

Alternate Methods of Design Commission

The Alternate Methods of Design Commission has the authority to consider requests of compliance against specific provisions of the Land Development Ordinance by which the spirit and intent of specific design provisions may be upheld.

Learn More

Board of Adjustment

The Board of Adjustment is a “quasi-judicial” administrative body that operates on a level between the enforcement officers and the courts through interpretation of the zoning ordinance.

Learn More

Historic Preservation Commission

The Historic Preservation Commission is responsible for receiving and approving certificates of appropriateness for structures within local historic districts as well as recommending to the City Council areas to be designated by ordinance as local historic districts.

Learn More

Planning Board

The Planning Board is responsible for providing growth management and land development policy, zoning ordinance (LDO) and development proposal recommendations to the City Council.

Learn More

Subscribe to our newsletter

También disponible en español

Copyright 2024 by City of Salisbury, NC Terms Of UsePrivacy Statement
Back To Top