The City of Salisbury Public Works Department is modifying and suspending some operations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We made the decision to suspend or reduce certain services to maintain the health and safety of City employees and the community at large,” said Public Works Director Craig Powers. “We will continue to provide critical City services such as trash collection, recycling and yard waste collection. As we navigate through this evolving situation together, we ask our residents to work with us as we continue to provide the best customer service experience.”
- Street Sweeping
- Compost Give-A-Way
- Bulky Collection
- Seasonal landscapes in medians and the downtown
- Construction projects such as the City Park Project
- Maintenance for ballfields and other athletic sites
- Spring Spruce up will be delayed
The City will continue to follow the recommendation from federal and local agencies and will alert residents should further steps need to be taken. For updates about City closings, postponements and cancellations, visit: salisburync.gov/closings. For more information about the city's response to the COVID-19 crisis, visit salisburync.gov/COVID-19.
- Park Mowing – Mowed every other week rather than every week, this may result in higher than usual grass length.
- Downtown Cleaning – every other week from every week
- Street Maintenance – Done only to address emergencies, staff is on call
- Uptown litter collection
- Spraying/weeding in street medians
- Calls may not be returned as soon as normal as most administrative staff is working remotely