The Third Annual Cheerwine Festival will be held on Saturday, May 18, in Salisbury from noon to 10 p.m. In preparation for the Festival, the city will begin to close roadways on Friday, May 17, at 8 p.m.
- Closures beginning Friday, May 17 at 8 p.m.
- 200 block of North Main St. between Liberty St. and Council St.
- Closures beginning Saturday, May 18 at 12:01 a.m.:
- 100 block of North Main St.
- 100 and 200 blocks of South Main St. between Innes and Bank St.
- 100 blocks of East and West Council
- East and West Fisher St.
- Closures beginning Saturday, May 18 at 6 a.m.:
- 100 blocks of East and West Innes St.
After the Festival, motorists can expect the 100 blocks of East and West Innes St. to re-open after midnight on Sunday, May 19. All other road closures will re-open at 1 a.m. on Sunday, May 19.
The city is advising motorists to seek alternate routes during the closures. Portable message boards in town and overhead message boards on I-85 will announce detours. For more information about the Cheerwine Festival, visit cheerwinefestival.com.