Cool off with your beloved pet at the Fred M. Evans Pool during the annual Doggie Dip Swim Party on Saturday, September 8. This special day is for all well-mannered dogs and their handlers.
In an effort to ensure safety for everyone, there are Doggie Dip rules:
• All dogs must be on leash when not in the water
• All owners and dogs must know how to swim
• Dog handlers must be age 18+
• No more than two (2) dogs per handler
• Proof of rabies vaccination (tag) on display at all times
• No dogs in heat permitted
• Handlers must clean up after dog and provide their own
waste bags. Temporary waste stations will be available.
• Limit of 25 dogs per time frame/weight classification
In addition, the swimming time varies depending on the weight of dogs:
• 1 to 2:30 p.m. - small dogs (up to 25 lbs.)
• 2:30 to 4 p.m. - medium dogs (26-50 lbs.)
• 4 to 5:30 p.m. - large dogs (51 + lbs.)
Handlers can pay the $5 per dog entry fee on-site and only cash will be accepted. All proceeds will benefit the Dog PAWs fundraising efforts to construct Salisbury’s first dog park.