The City of Salisbury will operate on the following schedule for the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday, Monday, Jan. 21:
- City office buildings, including the Salisbury Customer Service Center and all recreation centers, will be closed on Monday, Jan. 21.
- The City’s Solid Waste Division will offer its regular garbage and recycling collection on Monday, Jan. 21.
- The City’s Street Division will not offer limb or leaf collection on Monday, Jan. 21. Collection will resume Tuesday, Jan. 22.
- Salisbury Transit will offer regular transit services on Monday, Jan. 21.
- Salisbury-Rowan Utilities’ administrative offices will be closed on Monday, Jan. 21. If you have a water/sewer emergency after hours or during the holiday, please call (704) 638-5339.
- The Salisbury Community Park will operate on schedule from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 21.
- The police and fire departments will remain available for emergency services, as usual, during the holiday.
The City of Salisbury, America’s first 10-gigabit city, is located in the heart of the Piedmont region of North Carolina, midway between Charlotte and Greensboro. Salisbury is the county seat of Rowan County, and provides a full range of municipal services, including law enforcement, fire protection, zoning and code enforcement and water and sewer systems. For more information regarding the City of Salisbury and its services and departments, please visit us on the web at salisburync.gov. To receive updates regarding local initiatives, meetings, programs and events, please follow us on Twitter at @CitySalisburyNC and Facebook at facebook.com/CitySalisburyNC.