The City of Salisbury will operate on the following schedule for the Christmas and New Year’s holidays:
• City office buildings, including the parks and recreation centers and Salisbury Customer Service Center, will be closed on Wednesday, Dec. 23, through Friday, Dec. 25, and Friday, Jan. 1, 2021.
• The city’s public works department will offer its regular garbage and recycling collection except on Friday, Dec. 25. Garbage and recycling collection will occur one day behind. Friday’s collection will occur on Saturday, Dec. 26. The department will not offer limb or leaf collection on Wednesday, Dec. 23, through Friday, Dec. 25, or Friday, Jan. 1, 2021.
• Salisbury Transit will operate from 8:20 a.m. – 3:20 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 24 and on Thursday, Dec. 31. Transit service will not operate on Friday, Dec. 25, or Friday, Jan. 1, 2021. Saturday Transit service is suspended. Salisbury Transit will operate on its reduced schedule of 6 a.m. – 3:20 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 28 and on Monday, Jan. 4.
• Salisbury-Rowan Utilities’ administrative offices will be closed Wednesday, Dec. 23, through Friday, Dec. 25, and Friday, Jan. 1, 2021. If you have a water/sewer emergency after hours or during the holiday, please call (704) 638-5339. Customers can access the 24-hour online bill pay service by visiting, salisburync.gov/customerservice.
• The Salisbury Community Park will be closed on Friday, Dec. 25, and will otherwise maintain regular hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
• The police and fire departments will remain available for emergency services, as usual, during the holiday.