Construction for the Justin Monroe and Vic Isler Salisbury Fire Station and Fire Academy on Cedar Springs Road continues to be an ongoing process. Due to the poor weather as a significant factor in the construction schedule delay, the project is running approximately three months behind.
“We are looking forward to opening the Justin Monroe and Vic Isler Salisbury Fire Station and Fire Academy once the construction is complete,” said Fire Chief Bob Parnell. “As of February 4, the building is 60% complete, while the site (land around the building) is 40% finished. We currently anticipate the project to be completed at the end of April 2020.”
- The building frame and roofs are complete. The walls are being constructed.
- Interior walls are almost done. The second and third floors are poured and curing.
- Staff is finalizing lists and preparing to order furnishings and equipment.
- The fire trucks have been procured.
- The firefighters have been hired and trained, and are awaiting facility’s completion.
The Monroe and Isler Fire Station and Fire Academy will house the Fire Department’s training and safety officers. The station will also be staffed with firefighters and emergency medical technicians on a 24-hour basis.