The City of Salisbury will operate on the following schedule for the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday, Monday, Jan. 17:
• City office buildings, including the Salisbury Customer Service Center and all recreation centers, will be closed on Monday, Jan. 17.
• Due to the inclement weather, the city’s public works garbage pickup will be delayed until noon on Monday, Jan. 17, if road conditions allow. If not, garbage pickup will be on a one-day delay. Monday, Jan. 17. (Updated on Sunday, Jan. 16) The department will not offer limb or leaf collection on Monday, Jan. 17. Collection will resume on Tuesday, Jan. 18. Limb and leaf collection for the week is anticipated to be completed on Friday, Jan. 21.
• Due to the inclement weather, Salisbury Transit fixed route and ADA Paratransit service will be canceled on Monday, Jan. 17. (Updated on Sunday, Jan. 16)
• Salisbury-Rowan Utilities’ administrative offices will be closed on Monday, Jan. 17. If you have a water/sewer emergency after hours or during the holiday, please call (704) 638-5339.
• The Salisbury Community Park will operate on schedule from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 17.
• The police and fire departments will remain available for emergency services, as usual, during the holiday.