The Salisbury Parks and Recreation Department invites handlers and their beloved pooch to enjoy a refreshing swim at Fred M. Evans Pool on Saturday, September 7, 1 to 5:30 p.m. for the annual Doggie Dip Swim Party. This special day is for all well-mannered dogs and their handlers to enjoy the sun and water while meeting others who share the same interest.
In an effort to ensure the safety for everyone, there are Doggie Dip rules:
- All dogs must be on leash when not in the water.
- All owners and dogs must know how to swim.
- Dog handlers must be age 18+.
- No more than two (2) dogs per handler.
- Proof of rabies vaccination (tag) on display at all times.
- No dogs in heat permitted.
- Handlers must clean up after dog and provide own waste bags. Temporary waste stations will be available on site.
In addition, the swimming time varies depending on the weight of dogs:
- 1 to 2:30 p.HTMLm.: small dogs (up to 25 lbs.)
- 2:30 to 4 p.m.: medium dogs (26-50 lbs.)
- 4 to 5:30 p.m.: large dogs (51 + lbs.)
Handlers can pay the $5 per dog entry fee on-site and only cash will be accepted. All proceeds will benefit the ongoing improvements at DOG PAWs, Salisbury’s first dog park. For more information, visit salisburync.gov/PLAY.