City of Salisbury residents get FREE pickup of accepted items during quarterly Spruce Up Weeks. NO BUSINESSES.
Place accepted items at the curb no later than 7 a.m. on your regular trash day. Items may be put out the evening before.
- Extra Trash (Extra bags, boxes and/or bins of trash, clothes, etc.)
- Furniture (Couches, dressers, recliners, chairs, tables, etc.)
- Mattresses & Box Springs (Any size.)
- Appliances (Refrigerators, freezers, stoves, etc.)
- Mowers & Grills (Drain/remove any fuels and/or gas tanks.)
- Tires Without Rims (Limit 5 per location. Picked up by a separate truck.)
- Building Materials (Lumber, sheet rock, carpet, padding, large area rugs, shingles, toilets, sinks, windows, doors, concrete, yard ornaments, etc.)
- Pianos and Hospital Beds (Contact Rowan County Landfill at (704) 278-2211.)
- Electronics (TVs, computers, cables, etc. Can be recycled, contact Rowan County landfill at (704) 278-2211.
- Propane Tanks (Or any item currently containing fuel or gas. Contact Rowan County Landfill at (704) 278-2211.)
- Paint and Hazardous Items (Contact Rowan County Landfill at (704) 278-2211.)
For more information, visit salisburync.gov/SpruceUp.