Please check in regularly to see how City services and facilities might be affected by severe weather, as well as any road closings, flooding or other emergency alerts. To receive emergency alerts by text on your phone, sign up at salisburync.gov/RoCoAlerts.
In need of shelter?
The Red Cross will provide shelter at request. Contact 911 with your emergency needs.
Areas in #SalisburyNC currently closed, due to flooding:
- Innes street at I-85, on and off ramp
- Old Mocksville Road and Caldwell Road
- N. Main Street and E. Henderson Street
- W. Park Road and Catawba Road
- Statesville Blvd. and Meadowbrook
- Mocksville Avenue and Mahaley Avenue
- Rowan Circle
- 700 Block of Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue
- Sherwood Street and D. Avenue
- 14th Street and Richard Street
- Town and Country trailer park on Mooresville Road
- Town Creek trailer park on Bringle Ferry Road
- McCoy Road at Colonial Dr.
- 2100 North Park Drive
We will continue to post closures here! Remember, do not cross around road barriers. If you cannot see the road lines, do not enter any flooded roads: TURN AROUND, DON'T DROWN
Notice from Parks and Recreation
For the safety of our participants, families and instructors; Salisbury Parks & Recreation will be cancelling all activities at all facilities this evening. All facilities will close at 5 pm today February 6, 2020.
Notice from Salisbury Transit:
Bus service was cancelled earlier today. All routes will resume their regular schedule at 2 p.m., starting at the Transfer Site on Depot St.
Rowan County is currently under a tornado watch until 5 p.m. Seek shelter and stay inside. For more information, visit Google Weather Alerts.
The Housing Advocacy Meeting's scheduled meeting at 4 p.m. today is cancelled.
Power outages in Rowan County: 1,027