The Cheerwine Festival will be held on Saturday, May 19, in Salisbury 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. In preparation for the Festival, the city will begin to close roadways on Friday, May 18, at 8 p.m.
- Closures beginning Friday, May 18 at 8 p.m.:
- 200 Blocks of North Main St. between Liberty St. and Council St.
- Closures beginning Saturday, May 19 at midnight:
- 100 block of North Main St.
- 100 and 200 blocks of South Main St. between Innes and Bank St.
- 100 blocks of East and West Council
- East and West Fisher St.
- Closures beginning Saturday, May 19 at 6 a.m.:
- 100 blocks of East and West Innes St.
After the Festival, motorists can expect the 100 blocks of East and West Innes St. to re-open at 9 p.m. on Saturday, May 19. All other road closures will re-open at 1 a.m. on Sunday, May 20. The city is advising motorists to seek alternate routes during the closures. Portable message boards in town and overhead message boards on I-85 will announce detours.
For more information about the Cheerwine Festival, visit www.salisburync.gov/Cheerwine.