During this period of social distancing amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the Spring Clean ’20 litter clean-up is an opportunity for an outdoor activity, while still obeying safe distances between fellow neighbors on Saturday, March 21, beginning at 8 a.m.
Members of the city’s Community Appearance Commission (CAC) will distribute trash bags, gloves, reflective vests, pickers and other equipment to residents in the rear City Hall parking lot from 8 a.m. to noon. The four-hour window will allow for intermittent visits/ varied arrival times. Litter pick-up can occur until 8 p.m. Full garbage bags should remain at the work location to be collected later by Salisbury Public Works.
The drop-in, litter clean-up day asks residents to schedule at least one hour on Saturday to help pick up trash in one of nine neighborhoods:
· Innes St. from I-85 to Mahaley Ave.
· Main St. from Five Points to the Town of East Spencer
· Julian Rd. from the fairgrounds to the Town of East Spencer
· Fulton St. from Five Points to City Park
· Confederate Ave. and around City Park
· Brenner Ave. from Jake Alexander Blvd. to Statesville Blvd.
· Mahaley Ave. from Innes St. to Novant Health Regional Medical Center
· Old Concord Rd. I-85 to the Town of Spencer
· Ryan Street from Julian Rd. to Old Concord Rd.
· Park Avenue between Long St. and MLK Jr. Ave
· South Arlington Street from Old Concord Rd to E. Innes St. arch
Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Residents who assist in Spring Clean ’20 are encouraged to use the hashtag #TrashTag or #SpringClean20 in their social media posts.
The city continues to recommend safe, social distancing during the clean-up per federal, state and Rowan County Health Department recommendations.
For more information or to volunteer, please contact Alyssa Nelson at (704) 638-5235 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.