The City of Salisbury Public Works Department is inviting residents to participate in the Free Annual Winter Spruce-Up Week scheduled Monday, Jan. 3 through Friday, Jan 7, 2022. Conveniently held following the holidays, this week allows citizens to rid their homes of the extra boxes, paper, and trash items that come along with the festivities.
This event is for residents living within the City Limits – No businesses.
Residents can place acceptable items such as:
- Extra bags, boxes, and bins of household items, trash, clothes, etc.
- Furniture (couches, love seats, dressers, chairs, all regular furniture)
- Mattresses and Box Springs
- Old appliances
- Miscellaneous items such as treadmills, exercise equipment, bicycles, vacuums, lamps
- Lawn mowers are accepted, but must be drained of all fuel
- Grills are accepted, but must have gas tanks removed
- Artificial and Real Christmas Trees
- Tires WITHOUT rims - up to 5 per location. Tires are picked up by a different truck throughout the week.
To participate in the Spruce-Up event, place acceptable items at the curb no later than 7 a.m. on your regular trash day. Code Enforcement is aware citizens will be participating in Spruce Up Week.
It is important to note that Spruce-Up Items are collected by a different truck than your regular trash rollout. Tires are picked up by a different truck than your regular trash rollout and Spruce Up items. While tires are collected throughout the week, if your tires meet the criteria and are not collected by end of day on Friday, Jan. 7, report it by calling 704-638-5256 on Monday, Jan. 10.
A full list of acceptable items can be viewed by visiting the City’s website: salisburync.gov/spruceup.