West End residents are encouraged to complete the survey for the West End Salisbury Transformed Empowered Neighborhood Development (WEST END) $800,000 grant project in conjunction with the Salisbury Police Department, Parks and Recreation Department, Community Planning Department and the Salisbury-Rowan NAACP. The survey s online at: https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/32b7ef59c7144529a8cff934dfae737b
The WEST END grant project seeks to use community-led initiatives to help revitalize the 1.21-square mile neighborhood and address concerns. A majority of the programs will be data-driven, and their results reported to the Department of Justice per grant requirements. The survey answers will help the groups further develop initiatives for the West End.
Specific plans include:
- Develop West End community group to lead community-based responses
- Enhance recreational and public spaces for community groups
- Develop a Community Violence Intervention Team
- Create increased youth programs
- Restore vacant lots and structures where possible